Design & Build Challenge
1. A highly anticipated mainstay of previous SISCs, the Design & Build Challenge is kept secret till SISC-ISSF 2019 itself, i.e. details of this challenge will only be made known to the participants during SISC-ISSF 2019 itself.
2. In the Design & Build Challenge, participants can (1) engage in developing solutions and prototypes that can be applied to serve the society, (2) use their SISC-ISSF 2019 experience to further their network and cooperation beyond SISC-ISSF 2019 and (3) market and pitch their solutions and prototypes to potential venture capitalists.
3. At SISC-ISSF 2019, the Design & Build Challenge will be an extension of the Field Challenge, allowing the participants to build and actualize their ideas before pitching them to potential venture capitalists.
4. To better prepare participants for the challenge, participants will be engaged in workshops which will place participants in good stead for the Design & Build Challenge.
5. All teams, which are mixed to facilitate lensing of various issues, will be mentored by experts to better refine their products and solutions.
6. Participants are given 24 hours to design and build their solution to a scenario that is presented during SISC-ISSF 2019.
7. Experts from academic and research institutes will be invited to share their expertise in fields pertinent to this challenge and mentor participants in the design and engineering of their products.